THE Duel

Ever since my childhood i have wondered about God and science and the conflicts between them. This poem is based on this ever debated topic.

"Only God can save you", said my heart,
My brain to that replied "that's rubbish";
Between these two voices was I caught,
For I did not know which was gibberish.

My heart said that God really existed,
A proof my brain immediately demanded;
"Look around you, the things He has created!"
"Evolution and time are the true creator".


"If God did exist, tell me why,
Why are there thieves and killers?
And why so many innocent die
When God is indeed a true lover?"

"It is a test that we all must take,
For only to live is our duty and
Leave the rest to Him for our sake
As He created this life and this sand"

Thus raged the battle within me forever,
And I knew not which one to trust,
For both were filled with power;
I will know only when I go to dust.

Sai

2 comments:

Sornakumar S said...

Hey awesome man!!
No words 2 explain!!
I dint move for lyk 2 mins..
D other poem was touchin!!
The imageries which run thro ur mind when u actually read it.. Somethin really nice!!
Great!!
Write more!!

krishna Prasad said...

Really good one pal..poetic license granted :)
Keep it up