The Story As Hero

One fine evening ( I know this sounds like such a cliche, but still...) my friends call me to see some movie called Bommalatam. I hadn't seen much movies lately and as my interests in movies have been steadily falling I had no idea what the movie was about. I actually thought I was going for a Telugu movie or something :)

Ten minutes into the movie i got the feeling that this was no hero-falls-in-love-with-heroine-and-fights-the-villain kinda movie. This surprised me. Cos, for almost a year most of the films have had love as the story's core and I am fed up with them.

I admit the first half was bit confusing but still by no measure boring. It was little hard to keep up with what exactly was going on. And before i knew, it was interval. Another odd thing for a tamil movie for it seemed it was a 1 hr 45 min movie. In that intermission gap i learn the movie was supposed to be a thriller. The first half agreed with that.

Second half is the part where the movie kept me guessing. Having seen few weird english movies, i thought of all kinds of possible story lines. And when the plot was revealed, I admit not in a thousand years could I have guessed it. There is also few other twists that catches the viewers off-guard.

But all this doesn't mean the movie was a perfect one. Far from it. It had it's own share of loop holes and drawbacks. But the story more than makes up for it.

Finally a movie with a superb story. I left the theater with a satisfied feeling. Forty rupees well spent.

1 comment:

VICHU said...

not just a year, but love has been the theme of tamil cinema movies for more than a decade!