The Road Not Taken

I wrote this during my counseling for getting into college after my 12th. Here it goes.

Two roads diverged in the yellow woods,
One of them led to SSN IT in Chennai,
The other lesser known one to TCE C Sc,
And it was a difficult decision to make.

The road to SSN was today s trend,
Also it meant i can be with my friends;
But high fee no dream job it had,
And it was a difficult decision to make.

Lesser known of the two to me shown,
A path where i had to start alone;
It would be a new adventure for me,
And it was a difficult decision to make.

Finally like tat poet i chose the lesser one,
Since i knew i wud never be alone anywhere;
I don't regret this decision or so i hope,
For it was a difficult decision made.

Note : I wrote this knowing nothing about the two colleges except from what I heard from others. So any attempts in judging them at that time were meaningless.

5 comments:

The Maverick said...

Best poem from u in a long time da :)
Hope u agree with the original's last two lines too:
And I took the road less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference :)

Anonymous said...

So how does that decision look in hindsight? Regret it or Like it?

Sai said...

Like it of course :)

2much2ask said...

Robert Frost eh?
IT and CSE are the same, right?
why chose CSE?

-Aniruth

Sai said...

I was told CSE gave you a few more options like hardware than IT. I personally have no clue about the difference :D

And IT in SSN would have been a very costly affair too..